In my experiences from adding the Automotive Message Broker to Baserock, I
have noticed a few things:
* It does not build with newer versions of json-c because json-c changed its
name (i.e. it used to be included via <json/json.h>, and it's now included
* ambctl has dependencies that prevent it running, but are not mentioned during
* Also, as mentioned previously, pygobject-2.0 is not compatible with later
versions of pygobject (instead of 'import gobject', you need to do
'from gi.repository import gobject').
I am aware that https://github.com/tripzero/automotive-message-broker/ has
a branch that makes it work with later versions of pygobject.
Would there be objections to me submitting patches that:
* Make it work with newer versions of json-c
- Would there be objections to this making it not work with older versions
* Make the build fail if the system does not have pygobject and dbus-python?