On Apr 15, 2015 6:44 AM, "Jonathan Maw" <jonathan.maw(a)codethink.co.uk
In my experiences from adding the Automotive Message Broker to Baserock, I
have noticed a few things:
* It does not build with newer versions of json-c because json-c changed
name (i.e. it used to be included via <json/json.h>, and
* ambctl has dependencies that prevent it running, but are not mentioned
* Also, as mentioned previously, pygobject-2.0 is not compatible with
versions of pygobject (instead of 'import gobject', you
need to do
'from gi.repository import gobject').
I am aware that https://github.com/tripzero/automotive-message-broker/
a branch that makes it work with later versions of pygobject.
Would there be objections to me submitting patches that:
* Make it work with newer versions of json-c
- Would there be objections to this making it not work with older
Iirc, json-c is only still used in a few plugins. A patch to change these
plugins to use picojson would be preferable. Short of that I would accept
a patch to 0.14 and master to update to the latest version of json-c.
* Make the build fail if the system does not have pygobject and
There is already a patch on 0.13 to use the new gi.repository. We could
make the build fail if this requirement and dbus-python are not met.