Celadon Home<https://01.org/projectceladon/> About<https://01.org/projectceladon/about> Community<https://01.org/projectceladon/community>
September 09, 2019 | WW37
Join us at the Project Celadon Technical Community Meeting
We are launching monthly Technical Community Meetings for Project Celadon to provide a space to discuss Celadon features and listen to community feedback. Over time, as we continue exploring community interests and involvement, we'll increase the cadence of these meetings.
TCMs will typically be held the second week of each month. Some of the technical topics up for discussion span across boot, security, storage, debug, power/performance and more. We'll also be looking to you, the Celadon community, for guidance on additional topics of interest.
September TCM Topics
DATE AND TIME
Sept 12, Thursday 10:30am (India)
Sept 12, Thursday 1pm (China)
Sept 11, Wednesday 10pm (PST)
Introduction to Celadon
What is Celadon? Find out why developers and independent software vendors use Celadon and learn about supported platforms and use cases.
Android Debug Bridge over USB Debug Class infrastructure for the Celadon platform
USB Debug Class infrastructure (DbC) is an ideal choice for platforms that don't have USB device controller IP, yet require debugging support. During this session, developers will learn how to enable DbC in Android kernels and how to use ADB over DbC for the Celadon platform.
* Chairperson: Yogesh Marathe, yogesh.marathe(a)intel.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>, Intel
* Presenter: Prabhat Pandey, prabhat.chand.pandey(a)intel.com<mailto:email@example.com>, Intel
* Online conference link: https://intel.webex.com/meet/sahluwal
* Access code: 598 858 630
* Online conference phone:
* US: +1-210-795-1110 or +1-866-662-9987 (Toll Free)
* China: +86-400-810-0111 or +86-10-800-712-2435 (Toll Free)
* Germany: +49-69-2222-7804 or +49-0800-000-3331 (Toll Free)
* India: +91-80-61275208 or +91-000-800-852-1234 (Toll Free)
Additional international phone numbers<https://zoom.us/u/FIKuliDv> at meeting link<https://intel.webex.com/meet/sahluwal>
Intel Corporation, 2200 Mission College Blvd, M/S RNB4-145, Santa Clara, CA 95054-1549 USA
Android 10 CELADON 2019_WW36 release
05-Sept-2019-Celadon team announces [APL NUC] [Kernel Flinger] [2019WW36] based Android 10 Dessert release
* Android 10 is supported on Intel Platform and Apollo Lake NUC (NUC6CAYH<https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits/nuc...>) is the leading platform for IVI configuration (lunch target : celadon_ivi)
* This is a Pre-Production Early Android 10 Release for evaluation and development purposes and it cannot be used for production purposes.
* Documentation : https://01.org/projectceladon/documentation <Update is in progress> please stay tuned
* Graphics Memory Allocator (Gralloc) 1.0
* HDMI display support
* HWC 2.3 support for Display
* Mass Storage USB 2.0 and 3.x devices is supported
* Adb & Fastboot supported over USB 2.0
* Adb over DbC is supported
* Adb over WIFI and Ethernet is supported
* Audio playback over USB and 3.5mm Headset supported.
* Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.2
* Wired Ethernet support
* Android Kernelflinger boot support
* Thermal Daemon is enabled for project-celadon
* Video Codec support on celadon
* AVC High profile @ Level 5.1 (4k@30fps)
* HEVC Main and Main 10 profile @ Level 5 (4k@30fps)(Main 10 with BT2020 and ST2084 information is not supported)
* VP9 profile 0 @ Level 5 (4k@30fps)
* Vp8 8 bits 1080p@60fps
* AVC High profile @ level 4.1 (1080P@30fps)
* HEVC Main profile @ Level 4 (1080P@30fps)
* Art-extension is enabled
* f2fs filesystem support enabled
* S3 Suspend/Resume is supported
* Audio decoders supported: MP3, AAC-LC, AAC-ELD, HEAAC, HEAAC-V2, VORBIS, OPUS, FLAC, PCM/WAV
* Audio Encoders supported: AAC-LC, AAC ELD, HEAAC, HEAAC-V2, PCM/WAV
* SDHCI host controller is enabled
* SELinux enforcing, File Based Encryption, Trusty, Keymaster 3.0
* Reference solution - TPM based h/w binding reference implementation
* User guide:
* SELinux Configuration and Rules
* How to Enable or Disable Trusty for Debugging
* Flashing binaries via PFT - Platform Flash Tool
* To reduce the flash time, Platform flash Tool can be used with the following config's:
* Blank_without_lock (used for first time install or GPT layout change case)
* Update_without_lock (used for image update on installed device)
If your device is in unlocked state:
* "Blank_without_lock" duration is 30% of "Blank"
* "Update_without_lock" duration is 5% of "Update"
Important Notes and Remarks<https://github.com/projectceladon/celadon-documentation/blob/master/sourc...>
|C|<https://github.com/projectceladon/celadon-documentation/blob/master/sourc...> build has been validated on |NUC|<https://github.com/projectceladon/celadon-documentation/blob/master/sourc...> Kit NUC6CAYH<https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/boards-kits/nuc/kits/nuc...> in the following function domains:
File Transfer Protocol
Audio Playback over USB/3.5mm Headset
MP3, AAC-LC, AAC-ELD, HEAAC, HEAAC-V2, VORBIS, OPUS, FLAC, PCM/WAV formats supported
Audio Record over USB HS/3.5mm Headset-in/Main Mic
AAC-LC, AAC-ELD, HEAAC, HEAAC-V2, PCM/WAV formats supported
Adb connect over WIFI
Adb connect over Ethernet
Display /Touch and Gesture
USB devices over OTG
H264/H265/MPEG2/VP8/VP9 Video Playback
* Flashing time takes longer while using the kernel flinger method (~30mins), To reduce the flash time, Platform flash Tool can be used. Also the "installer.cmd" file can be altered (as per the PFT configurations) and flashed using kernel flinger method.
* Android Open Source Music Player crashes if headset disconnected and reconnected during audio playback.
* Cannot save images captured in "TestingCam" app.
* Glitch observed while the DUT is booting to UI at the intel logo screen.
* Compliance testing is still on-going.
* DUT doesn't boot to main UI if rebooted with a 4k monitor.
* adb over wifi and ethernet works only after, "setprop service.adb.tcp.port 5555" and restart of USB debugging.
* Screen flicker with black stripe during video playback for the first time on a touch screen.
* Time and lock icon are displayed once on Android Start Animation when power on the DUT when connected with dual display.
* Videos/pictures taken by Camera cannot show in Gallery.
* Device seen offline for 4-5 seconds on disconnect and reconnect of dbc cable.
* Time flickers on All apps screen when launch Intel@Phone Doctor and touch menu button.
* BT PAN and Wi-Fi direct UI support removed for automotive variant.
- subscribe/unsubscribe celadon mailing list using : https://eclists.intel.com/sympa/review/1a-weekly_release , also visit link : https://lists.01.org/mailman/listinfo/celadon