Android 10 CELADON 2019_WW36 release
05-Sept-2019-Celadon team announces [APL NUC] [Kernel Flinger] [2019WW36] based Android
10 Dessert release
* Android 10 is supported on Intel Platform and Apollo Lake NUC
is the leading platform for IVI configuration (lunch target : celadon_ivi)
* This is a Pre-Production Early Android 10 Release for evaluation and development
purposes and it cannot be used for production purposes.
* Documentation : https://01.org/projectceladon/documentation
<Update is in
progress> please stay tuned
* Graphics Memory Allocator (Gralloc) 1.0
* HDMI display support
* HWC 2.3 support for Display
* Mass Storage USB 2.0 and 3.x devices is supported
* Adb & Fastboot supported over USB 2.0
* Adb over DbC is supported
* Adb over WIFI and Ethernet is supported
* Audio playback over USB and 3.5mm Headset supported.
* Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and Bluetooth 4.2
* Wired Ethernet support
* Android Kernelflinger boot support
* Thermal Daemon is enabled for project-celadon
* Video Codec support on celadon
* AVC High profile @ Level 5.1 (4k@30fps)
* HEVC Main and Main 10 profile @ Level 5 (4k@30fps)(Main 10 with BT2020 and ST2084
information is not supported)
* VP9 profile 0 @ Level 5 (4k@30fps)
* Vp8 8 bits 1080p@60fps
* AVC High profile @ level 4.1 (1080P@30fps)
* HEVC Main profile @ Level 4 (1080P@30fps)
* Art-extension is enabled
* f2fs filesystem support enabled
* S3 Suspend/Resume is supported
* Audio decoders supported: MP3, AAC-LC, AAC-ELD, HEAAC, HEAAC-V2, VORBIS, OPUS, FLAC,
* Audio Encoders supported: AAC-LC, AAC ELD, HEAAC, HEAAC-V2, PCM/WAV
* SDHCI host controller is enabled
* SELinux enforcing, File Based Encryption, Trusty, Keymaster 3.0
* Reference solution - TPM based h/w binding reference implementation
* User guide:
* SELinux Configuration and Rules
* How to Enable or Disable Trusty for Debugging
* Flashing binaries via PFT - Platform Flash Tool
* To reduce the flash time, Platform flash Tool can be used with the following
* Blank_without_lock (used for first time install or GPT layout change case)
* Update_without_lock (used for image update on installed device)
If your device is in unlocked state:
* "Blank_without_lock" duration is 30% of "Blank"
* "Update_without_lock" duration is 5% of "Update"
Important Notes and
build has been validated on
in the following function domains:
File Transfer Protocol
Audio Playback over USB/3.5mm Headset
MP3, AAC-LC, AAC-ELD, HEAAC, HEAAC-V2, VORBIS, OPUS, FLAC, PCM/WAV formats supported
Audio Record over USB HS/3.5mm Headset-in/Main Mic
AAC-LC, AAC-ELD, HEAAC, HEAAC-V2, PCM/WAV formats supported
Adb connect over WIFI
Adb connect over Ethernet
Display /Touch and Gesture
USB devices over OTG
H264/H265/MPEG2/VP8/VP9 Video Playback
* Flashing time takes longer while using the kernel flinger method (~30mins), To
reduce the flash time, Platform flash Tool can be used. Also the "installer.cmd"
file can be altered (as per the PFT configurations) and flashed using kernel flinger
* Android Open Source Music Player crashes if headset disconnected and reconnected
during audio playback.
* Cannot save images captured in "TestingCam" app.
* Glitch observed while the DUT is booting to UI at the intel logo screen.
* Compliance testing is still on-going.
* DUT doesn't boot to main UI if rebooted with a 4k monitor.
* adb over wifi and ethernet works only after, "setprop service.adb.tcp.port
5555" and restart of USB debugging.
* Screen flicker with black stripe during video playback for the first time on a touch
* Time and lock icon are displayed once on Android Start Animation when power on the
DUT when connected with dual display.
* Videos/pictures taken by Camera cannot show in Gallery.
* Device seen offline for 4-5 seconds on disconnect and reconnect of dbc cable.
* Time flickers on All apps screen when launch Intel@Phone Doctor and touch menu
* BT PAN and Wi-Fi direct UI support removed for automotive variant.
- subscribe/unsubscribe celadon mailing list using :
, also visit link :