I have 2 PCs with the following set-up:
- both have 2 interfaces: eth0 and eth1
- Not connected to network
- Has a DHCP Server with gives private IPs from 192.168.2.0/24
- Is connected to PC 2 through eth0 (eth0 PC 1 to eth0 PC 2)
- eth0 has IP from DHCP Server from PC 1
- eth1 has IP from an intern network (also private, 10. ...)
If I run "ip route show" on PC 2, it shows 2 default gateways (one for eth0 and one for eth1) on Ubuntu and on a distribution with connman, it shows just one default gateway (eth 1).
- Which is the normal behavior?
- If both interfaces have different IPs from the same network there should be only one default gateway or one for each interface (with the same value)?