On Wed, 2016-01-13 at 05:36 +0000, Lamsoge, Abhijit wrote:
I have few questions regarding IPtable functionality provided by
1) Does connman currently have support to call iptables functions from
an external application over DBUS ?
2) I can see here that, connman iptable is used only in context of
firewall related stuff and session/nat , is this true ?
iptables functionality is used only for session and nat. ConnMan uses
"higher level" functions called connman_firewall_* to achieve that.
3) Suppose I want to just set a specific rule like "iptables -A
-s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -j DROP" from external application what needs to be
Not possible via ConnMan, no D-Bus API to do this.
4) Test application in tools directory like iptables-test, is linked
while compiling connman, how about an separate application which does
not link to connman and still is able to call connman IPtable API's ,
say over Dbus or something else, what needs to be done in this case ?
There is no D-Bus API to do this.
5) I think, firewall rules are set in context of connman use cases
currently user defined rules cannot be specified, is this true ?