On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 05:13:52PM -0700, Mike Kravetz wrote:
To address this issue,
- Add a new file operation f_real while will return the underlying file.
Only overlayfs provides a function for this operation.
- Add a new routine real_file() which can be used by core code get an
- Update is_file_hugepages to get the real file.
Egads... So to find out whether it's a hugetlb you would
* check if a method is NULL
* if not, call it
* ... and check if the method table of the result is hugetlbfs one?
Here's a radical suggestion: FMODE_HUGEPAGES. Just have it set by
->open() and let is_file_hugepages() check it. In ->f_mode. And
make the bloody hugetlbfs_file_operations static, while we are at it.