Adding firmware output of firmware information when ndctl list -D -F is used.
Components displayed are current firmware version, updated firmware version,
and if a coldboot is required (firmware updated).
Signed-off-by: Dave Jiang <dave.jiang(a)intel.com>
Tested-by: Jeff Moyer <jmoyer(a)redhat.com>
- changed all instaces of API calls of updated_version to next_version for
better clarity. Data structure for Intel DSM not changed.
- changed coldboot_required to need_powercycle for better clarity.
- Changed next_version to updated version to be in sync with DSM spec.
- Changed emission of "unknown" string to -1 for error versions.
- Remove output when updated_version is 0. That indicates no updated firmware.
- Fixed issue where it skips displaying rest of the details if there's no
- Added copyright
- Added support for human readable option (hex) for versions
- Removed check against CMD_CALL as it's not useful
Dave Jiang (1):
ndctl: add option to list firmware information for a DIMM
Documentation/ndctl/ndctl-list.txt | 13 +++++
ndctl/Makefile.am | 1
ndctl/lib/firmware.c | 2 -
ndctl/lib/intel.c | 12 ++++-
ndctl/lib/libndctl.sym | 2 -
ndctl/lib/private.h | 2 -
ndctl/libndctl.h | 2 -
ndctl/list.c | 13 +++++
ndctl/util/json-firmware.c | 91 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
util/json.h | 2 +
10 files changed, 134 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 ndctl/util/json-firmware.c
This is a patch set of ndctl monitor, a tiny daemon to monitor the smart
events of nvdimm dimms. When a smart event fires, monitor will output
the notification which including dimm health status to syslog or a
special file according to users' configuration. The output notification
follows json format and can be consumed by log collectors like Fluentd.
Currently, I implemeted the following four commands to control monitor daemon.
I will appreciate if you could give some comments.
Change log since v2:
- Changing the interface of daemon to the ndctl command line
- Changing the name of daemon form "nvdimmd" to "monitor"
- Removing the config file, unit_file, nvdimmd dir
- Removing nvdimmd_test program
- Adding ndctl/monitor.c
Change log since v1:
- Adding a config file(/etc/nvdimmd/nvdimmd.conf)
- Using struct log_ctx instead of syslog()
- Using log_syslog() to save the notify messages to syslog
- Using log_file() to save the notify messages to special file
- Adding LOG_NOTICE level to log_priority
- Using automake instead of Makefile
- Adding a new util file(nvdimmd/util.c) including helper functions
needed for nvdimm daemon
- Adding nvdimmd_test program
QI Fuli (5):
ndctl: monitor: add LOG_NOTICE level to log_priority
ndctl: monitor: add ndclt create-monitor command
ndctl: monitor: add ndclt list-monitor command
ndctl: monitor: add ndclt show-monitor command
ndctl: monitor: add ndclt destroy-monitor command
builtin.h | 4 +
configure.ac | 3 +
ndctl/Makefile.am | 3 +-
ndctl/monitor.c | 463 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
ndctl/ndctl.c | 4 +
util/log.c | 2 +
util/log.h | 3 +
7 files changed, 481 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
create mode 100644 ndctl/monitor.c
After reading the comments from you, Dave Chinner, and Dan, it looks like
the dyanmic S_DAX flag support won't be coming or not any time soon at the
least. Here are the the collection of patches so far to address yours and
Dave C's comments for minimal support. Please let me know what else I am
- Removed sb parameter for bdev_dax_supported() since we only use it for
debug output per Christoph comment.
- Removed setting of error return in ext2 and ext4 per Ross's comments
- Rebased against 4.16-rc1 with updates
Darrick J. Wong (1):
fs: allow per-device dax status checking for filesystems
Dave Jiang (2):
dax: change bdev_dax_supported() to support boolean returns
xfs: reject removal of realtime flag when datadev doesn't support DAX
drivers/dax/super.c | 44 ++++++++++++++++++++++----------------------
fs/ext2/super.c | 3 +--
fs/ext4/super.c | 3 +--
fs/xfs/xfs_ioctl.c | 17 ++++++++++++++++-
fs/xfs/xfs_iops.c | 30 +++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
fs/xfs/xfs_super.c | 10 ++++++++--
include/linux/dax.h | 12 ++++--------
7 files changed, 77 insertions(+), 42 deletions(-)
Would you be interested in Storage Application Users contact information in
excel sheet for unlimited marketing usage? We provide Top Decision Makers
information like Name, Email, Title, Phone and company details of companies
using Storage Applications.
We also provide IT Decision Makers, Sales and Marketing Decision Makers,
C-level Titles and other titles as per your requirement.
Please let me know your thoughts so that I can send you cost of the list.
Storage Application Consultant
| List acquisition | Technology Lists | Email/Data Appending | Search
Engine Optimization |
If you don't want to include yourself in our mailing list, please reply
back “Leave Out"" in a subject line