ACPI 6.1, Table 5-133, updates NVDIMM Control Region Structure as
- Valid Fields, Manufacturing Location, and Manufacturing Date
are added from reserved range. No change in the structure size.
- IDs (SPD values) are stored as arrays of bytes (i.e. big-endian
format). The spec clarifies that they need to be represented
as arrays of bytes as well.
Patch 1 changes the NFIT driver to comply with ACPI 6.1.
Patch 2 adds a new sysfs file "id" to show NVDIMM ID defined in ACPI 6.1.
The patch-set applies on linux-pm.git acpica.
- Need to coordinate with ACPICA update (Bob Moore, Dan Williams)
- Integrate with ACPICA changes in struct acpi_nfit_control_region.
- Remove 'mfg_location' and 'mfg_date'. (Dan Williams)
- Rename 'unique_id' to 'id' and make this change as a separate patch.
Toshi Kani (3):
1/2 acpi/nfit: Update nfit driver to comply with ACPI 6.1
2/3 acpi/nfit: Add sysfs "id" for NVDIMM ID
drivers/acpi/nfit.c | 29 ++++++++++++++++++++++++-----
1 file changed, 24 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)