New Exclusive Retained Searches from
Wingate Dunross, Inc.
My highly successful new client in Ventura, CA has retained me on a set of exciting new
searches in the field of 3D Printing, one of the hottest growth fields in the
Imagine a world where everybody can create.
Imagine the fastest and the most accurate 3D Printer.
Imagine a 3D Printer really easy-to-use.
A 3D Printer perfect for the industrial and professional users.
A 3D Printer driven by an Intelligent System, by a Cognitive System.
The Best Technology in The Best Design.
And now we need your help.
About My Client:
My Client is a 3D printing startup that integrates the latest exponential technologies in
components, sensors, optical systems and chemistry to apply Moore’s Law to a new,
proprietary 3D Printing technology. The result is a desktop, professional 3D Printer that
takes 3D Printing from hours to minutes making it FASTER, with a LARGER build volume, at
HIGHER resolutions and a LOWER cost. They're doing this with a user experience and a
design oriented approach making their 3D technology elegant and compact.
Their 3D printer has been designed to offer the best and the smartest ultra-fast 3D
Printing experience, from a clean cartridge system to a complete cognitive hardware and
stand-alone technology that let users adopt this machine quickly in any kind of
environment and for any type of usage.
(1) Additive Manufacturing Technician (Ventura, CA)
• Prepare 3D models for printing process, including design of supports
• Set up and operate metal powder bed fusion (DMLS) additive manufacturing machines
• Remove platforms and supports from printed parts using bandsaws, die grinders, bead
• Perform routine maintenance procedures on shop equipment & coordinate service as
needed to ensure high level of productivity
• Verify conformance of material feedstocks
• Inspect additively manufactured parts for conformance to stated requirements
• Coordinate post-processing of additively manufactured parts with external vendors,
including quoting, packaging, shipping, and tracking to a communicated schedule
• Track shop productivity metrics as well as set up and follow track & trace system
• Comply with health, safety, and environmental procedures
• Create standard operating procedures for key equipment
• Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
• Manage inventory of consumables and trigger replacement orders using Kanban
• Associates or Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or Engineering
• Experience operating laser powder bed fusion equipment
• >1 year experience working in machine shop, additive manufacturing facility, or
similar job-shop environment
• Ability to read engineering drawings, including GD&T
• Experience with 3D CAD and/or CAM software
• Experience with basic metrology equipment and procedures
• Excellent organization and attention to detail
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning and creative problem solving
• Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
• Willingness to support periodic off-hours work (on-call)
• Ability to lift 35 lbs
• Experience operating EOS additive manufacturing equipment, including Magics RP software
• Machining and grinding of aerospace and tool-room alloys
• Solidworks or similar CAD experience
• 5S and Kaizen
• Experience with 3D Scanning and reverse engineering
• Experience with procurement, logistics, and warehousing practices
• Familiar with plastic injection molding process and tooling
(2) Chief Operating Officer (Ventura, CA)
The Chief Operating Officer position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
and is responsible and accountable for the planning, management, performance, and
improvement of the company operational management and growth. The COO serves as a key
member of the executive leadership team and represents the CEO and the Board in
interactions with employees, customers, vendors, partners, and other organizations.
* Provides direction and leadership in the identification, development, and implementation
of strategies, programs, ordinances, policies, decisions, assignments, and activities to
ensure efficient and effective results.
* Provides direction and leadership to the company in its executions and alignments of the
company strategic visions.
* Directs and evaluates the performance of organizational programs, and personnel; plans,
organizes, oversees, authorizes, and coordinates departmental and corporate wide systems,
routines, projects, assignments, and activities.
* Represents the company before various stakeholders (employees, customers, vendors, and
* Performs human resource responsibilities in leading the acquisition and development of a
diverse, inclusive, positive, high performing organization. Provide staff development
opportunities; use performance management tools; coach and counsel employees and managers;
and administer disciplinary action.
* Works closely with the CEO in strategic planning; developing implementation plans;
setting priorities; and serving as acting CEO in their absence.
* Performs other assigned responsibilities as delegated by the CEO and/or assigned through
the Board of Directors.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
* The ideal candidate has a track record of demonstrated leadership, proven
accomplishments, and established success in growing a company from a small to mid-size
* The candidate would also be familiar with an additive manufacturing based business with
both hard and soft intellectual assets.
* Familiarity with equity evaluation of data driven companies is preferred.
* Must have strong leadership skills in organizational management, with soft skills to
build and lead leaders.
* Must also be very positive, fair minded, caring, and have clear visions and is a clear
* A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college with major coursework in
business administration, engineering, or a closely related field is required. An MBA is
* Minimum experience requirements include ten to fifteen years of recent and increasingly
responsible administrative or managerial experience in a related industry.
The ideal candidate must be knowledgeable about:
* The principles, practices, and methods of leadership in a fast pace technology
organization, strategic planning, performance measurement, continuous quality improvement,
policies and system development and implementation;
* The principles and practices necessary to manage a lean manufacturing operation.
* The principles and practices of effective leadership and staff supervision, including
selection, training and development, dynamics of line-staff relationships, techniques of
effective interpersonal communications and relations, effective problem-solving and
decision-making techniques, planning and delegating work, performance evaluations,
positive recognition methods, and progressive discipline;
The ideal candidate must be able to:
* Evaluate, monitor, and lead service improvements designed to facilitate organizational
unity and the effective and efficient delivery of services;
* Initiate, develop, and implement goals, objectives, policies, procedures, work
standards, and internal controls;
* Balance conflicting objectives and policies; diplomatically identify, negotiate and
administer effective resolutions;
* Select, motivate, supervise, and constructively evaluate managers and staff;
* Maintain and exhibit discretion and integrity when handling sensitive information;
* Communicate effectively including strong written and oral communication skills;
* Provide effective leadership in a diversely staffed organization, consistent with
executive direction and company principles and values;
* Represent the company in the community and markets including public relations and
* The selected candidate will be a confident leader and manager with strong interpersonal
and staff relationships skills.
* Candidate must be a good listener, possess energy and enthusiasm, and is vision and
* This person must be politically savvy, open to the ideas of others, flexible, able to
think outside the "box," create partnerships, build consensus, and bring harmony
and cohesion to the various interests of the company.
* The selected candidate must be fair in dealing with issues and people and possess
professional, personal, and spiritual integrity, high moral standards, and strong ethics.
* Candidate must also be flexible to adapt to the changing workforce environment and
engage staff in developing skills and attributes for future leadership roles.
* Other attributes include the ability to command and earn respect throughout all levels
of the organization and in the community, be a team player with a "can do"
attitude, and facilitate and resolve a variety of complex issues and challenges.
* Competitive salary
* Attractive benefits package
Another client is one of the world's leading manufacturers of capacitors, seeking a
(3) Senior Development Engineer (Simpsonville, South Carolina)
This engineer will lead material and process development in the area of end-terminations
and plating of ceramic capacitor products. Experience of the metallurgies, compatibility
and performance requirements associated with electronic component terminations and lead
attachment would be beneficial. This position involves working closely with other
development and implementation teams in Company's facilities in the US and Mexico.
The candidate should have knowledge and experience with thick film and paste technologies
used in hybrid electronics and with materials and processes involving end-metallizations
and electro-plating of electronic components. The candidate will be familiar with
interconnect materials and soldering processes commonly used in electronics. A strong
technical background and experience are required in Design of Experiments, Analysis of
Variance and problem solving. Good communication skills, both verbal and written, are
essential. Experience with ceramic processing, material characterization techniques, and
electrical property measurements would be preferred, especially with respect to MLCC or
other electronic components. Experience of successful product development in the field of
electronic components is beneficial. This engineer will play a critical role in developing
new products by leading materials and process development in the area of end-terminations
and plating of ceramic capacitor products. The candidate will be expected to quickly learn
the key aspects of the KEMET MLCC manufacturing technology, process and products. The
candidate will focus his team on evaluating new pastes and materials for
end-metallizations, and also work on larger multi-disciplinary teams to implement suitable
terminations and electro-plating technologies for broader product platforms of capacitor
products. This person is expected to execute experimental work, analyze data from
design-of-experiments, work with small and large teams, and implement terminations
technologies with minimum supervision.
B.S. in Engineering (Materials or Chemical) at minimum; M.S. or higher degree in
Engineering or Science is preferred. Minimum 5 years of applicable experience.
If you are interested in applying for one or more of these positions, please respond with
a resume. Referrals and recommendations are also welcomed.
Wingate Dunross, Inc.
ph (818)597-3200 ext. 211