We are probably talking about a different solution then. I was talking about something like this:
- Creates a parent finish EDT "A"
- Creates a clean-up EDT "B"
- Links "A"'s output event to "B"
- A creates a whole bunch of Dbs and packs their GUID into another DB that it passes to "B" (satisfies a dependence)
- "B" will only execute when all of "A"'s children are done
- "B" executes, gets the DB passed by "A" and cleans up all the Dbs created
This has no wait but maybe I am misunderstanding the problem :).
I find the solution bad because it creates task syncrhonizations unnecessarily (for reasons that are unrelated to the program's semantics). And the simple way of implementing this implies the use of ocrWait, which is not recommended on FSIM.