On behalf of the SPDK community I'm pleased to announce the release of SPDK 20.07!
This release contains the following new features:
- SPDK CSI driver: Added CSI driver to bring SPDK to Kubernetes storage through NVMe-oF or
iSCSI. Supporting dynamic volume provisioning and enabling Pods to use SPDK storage
transparently. This feature is considered experimental. See
repository for more details.
- Acceleration Framework: Added commands for compare, dualcast, crc32c, along with
batching support for all commands in all plug-ins. See https://spdk.io/doc/accel_fw.html
for detailed information.
- I/O abort: Added support for aborting I/O commands to NVMe, NVMe-oF and Bdev layers.
- Env PCI drivers: Added env APIs to provide greater flexibility in registering and
accessing polled mode PCI drivers.
- RDMA library: Added `rdma` library providing an abstraction layer over different RDMA
providers. Two providers available are verbs and mlx5 Direct Verbs.
- spdk_dd: Added an application for copying data to/from files and SPDK bdevs
- bdevperf config: Added support for configuration files similar to FIO, to allow
benchmarking more complex use cases. See https://spdk.io/doc/bdevperf.html
- DPDK: Added support for DPDK 20.05.
The full changelog for this release is available at:
This release contains 842 commits from 44 authors with over 44k lines of code changed.
We'd especially like to recognize all of our first time contributors:
Simon A. F. Lund
Thanks to everyone for your contributions, participation, and effort!