Bug #: 54998
Summary: disable PHOTO syncing for specific peers
Some peers, in particular older phones, have problems when being sent lots of
photo data. It may be more useful to exclude photo data altogether for such
See "[SyncEvolution] Sync failure due to large addressbook entires."
A possible solution would be:
- introduce a new session variable in the <sessioninitscript>
- set that variable in remote rules (see stripUID for an example)
or based on a new config property (see preventSlowSync)
- extend the <outgoingscript> for contacts such that it
unsets the PHOTO property before encoding a contact for the peer
if that session variable is set - see VCARD_OUTGOING_PHOTO_INLINING_SCRIPT
That should take care of sending data to the phone. Ensuring that the photo
doesn't get lost when receiving an update is harder. Something might be
possible with a custom <mergescript>, but I am not sure whether it really gets
invoked during a normal import.
Alternatively, dynamically updating the field attributes after parsing the
peer's CtCap would be a more elegant solution, because it would use existing
- don't send properties to a peer which the peer doesn't support
(strip PHOTO when sending)
- preserve local properties not supported by the peer (preserve PHOTO)
However, implementing that will require considerable changes in libsynthesis:
- expose the field list attributes to scripts
- ensure that a script is called after parsing CtCap and before using the
field list (perhaps <datastoreinitscript> is suitable)
Configure bugmail: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug.
You are the assignee for the bug.