Summary: ad-hoc synchronization
Classification: MeeGo Projects
Estimated Hours: 0.0
The goal is to have two devices exchange data with little to no configuration.
Problems which need to be solved first:
* message transport
* deciding which databases are to be synchronized against each other
This is all a bit outside of the core SyncEvolution. Improvements which are
necessary inside SyncEvolution:
* avoid creating duplicates when there is a loop in the topology ("phone <->
laptop, laptop <-> server, phone <-> server" is bad because a new item
on the phone will go to the laptop, from there to the server and then come back
as new item to the phone, resulting in a duplicate which then repeats the
process ad infinitum)
* better slow sync
"ad-hoc synchronization between SyncEvolution instances":
* Teach Evolution Data Server to create and preserve a unique ID for contacts
(the vCard 3.0 UID gets overwritten at the moment).
* Improve the SyncEvolution<->SyncEvolution sync such that
* it uses the unique ID to speed up sync between peers which sync against each
other for the first time and
* checks the ID to find duplicates in following syncs.
"ad-hoc synchronization between arbitrary peers":
* Do the duplicate detection based on item content for each add request.
MeeGo Release: unspecified
Assigned To: syncevolution-bugs(a)meego.bugs
Target Build: ---
Configure bugmail: https://bugs.meego.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching the assignee of the bug.
You are watching someone on the CC list of the bug.