Summary: Synchronize meeting series, receive meeting update via
email => Evolution unable to apply update?
Classification: MeeGo Projects
Estimated Hours: 0.0
When synchronizing an event the time zone may get modified. This implies a
change in its TZID. This has the following negative effect on meeting series
handling (= recurring event created and updated via email meeting invitations):
1. synchronize meeting series stored in Evolution
2. later received the synchronize events back (for example,
or synchronize into another Evolution instance
3. receive meeting update for an *individual* recurrence which already
was stored as a separate VEVENT before (UID and RECURRENCE-ID set)
4. update cannot be applied by Evolution, nothing happens (says "sent to
calendar", no error, but also no change in the calendar)
This is with Evolution 2.30.x and a local calendar.
It works if:
* the update is for the complete series (no RECURRENCE-ID)
* the update is for a normal recurrence of the series (no separate
The root cause seems to be the change of the TZID in the RECURRENCE-ID
The problem is: I can no longer reproduce this issue. I definitely had the
problem, which is why I am filing it here, just in case that it occurs again.
Configure bugmail: http://bugs.meego.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are watching someone on the CC list of the bug.