On Mi, 2012-01-25 at 02:32 +0100, Chris Kühl wrote:
This was done yesterday (or 2 days ago now). It my be good to give a
little more detailed update at this point.
Thanks, that's very useful.
With the above changes, the initialization of and communication with
the helper binary seems to work well. I'm continuing to work my way
through the tests. Right now I'm dealing with getting autosync to work
properly. This is requiring some additional communication between the
helper and server binaries as well as reworking some code I changed
when removing the priority queues in the server.
I wonder whether we should just leave it broken for now. I find the
whole autosync implementation unintuitive and already planned to rewrite
it from scratch when adding "sync when changes are detected". The
problem is that I don't know yet when I will have time for that. If I
don't find the time soon, it would block merging your work because
regressions in the master branch are not acceptable.
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly
The content of this message is my personal opinion only and although
I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make here in no way
represent Intel's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak
on behalf of Intel on this matter.