I've noticed two issues cropping up intermittently in syncing.
Typically, these are inserting a lot of duplicates and screwy entries.
Not convinced that they are SE issues. Probably more like
Evolution-SE-funambol interactions and data capture bugaboos.
a) Duplications on contact entries that are companies. i.e. They don't
have a first name, last name. Typically something like "ACME Water
company". My thinking is that you put the entry in once and it's ok.
But, Evolution will try to map the "file as" to the "full name"
I think that under certain conditions evolution will change the sort
order after this type of mapping and end up with "Water company, ACME"
which may look like a new record. Thus a duplicate is born. Just a
b) Weird Suffix handling. I have a lot of Jr./Sr. in my contact. i.e.
"Joe blow, Jr." I've noticed that if I enter these records properly in
evolution using the suffix field box, after a bit of churning, I end up
with "Jr. Joe Blow". I'm thinking that the funambol server might be the
culprit in this one as it doesn't handle suffixes that I know of.