For those maintaining packages of 1.0, here are two more items for the
README.packagers file, just added to the source:
- libnotify is needed by the syncevo-dbus-server, although
--disable-notify can be used to avoid that.
- Localization data is shared between sync-ui and syncevo-dbus-server
and thus needs to be packaged with the core SyncEvolution.
The reason for both is the automatic sync in the background, which pops
up localized messages when syncs start, end or fail.
Here are the older entries from that file:
- for good time zone support, libsynthesis must have access to
either libical or libecal
- direct sync with phones depends on bluez and openobex
- GNOME Bluetooth Panel needs libgnome-bluetooth-dev *AND*
- either glib or libnss should be available, so that
SyncEvolution can use SHA-256 hashes instead of a
weaker built-in algorithm for hashes in the database dump
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly
The content of this message is my personal opinion only and although
I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make here in no way
represent Intel's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak
on behalf of Intel on this matter.
Show replies by date