Let's continue the discussion on the public mailing list. After all,
these are the people who hopefully will use it more than we ourselves
On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 01:01 +0100, Shaver, Michael R wrote:
I think there are a few possibilities here.
1. Full wiki solution (MediaWiki)
- Domain would be: http://wiki.syncevolution.org
- There is an extension for sharing the user accounts between MediaWiki
and drupal. It's not perfect though? Maybe this level of integration isn't
2. Build some simple wiki like functionality into Drupal.
- pages would all be within the syncevolution domain
- access would be for any authenticated user
- revisions for page would be set, so could roll back
- markup can be similar to wiki
- linking to new pages isn't as easy
- some find full wiki markup a bit of a pain though, so this could be
If you think the wiki could get a fair amount of traffic and use, I would go
with option #1. If it seems more like just a few pages needed open editing
rights, then option #2 is probably easier to setup and maintain.
I don't expect that much traffic, but I suspect that it'll be necessary
for authenticated users to create new pages. Would that be possible with
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly
The content of this message is my personal opinion only and although
I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make here in no way
represent Intel's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak
on behalf of Intel on this matter.