On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 17:55 +0200, Patrick Ohly wrote:
Here's a quick overview of the current status and what still
happen before 1.2 can be released.
* CalDAV/CardDAV support is almost done. Only missing piece is
more efficient change detection when some items changed on the
server - see "minimizing WebDAV traffic" thread.
* GTK UI has support for CalDAV/CardDAV, but it is not yet in
Not done, and given that this is for a stable update in MeeGo I tend to
delay it until after 1.2.
Jussi, do you think this is suitable for merging and a MeeGo 1.2
update? Or should we wait and put it into 1.3?
* README doesn't describe local sync and CalDAV/CardDAV. I'd like
to clarify the terminology first. See "Couple of questions about
SyncEvolution configuration" thread  and comment, please.
* Do we want to add a generic WebDAV (empty sync URL,
"addressbook" and "addressbook"enabled)? They would be useful
combination with a server which supports discovery via the
* Nightly testing: SyncML and CalDAV/CardDAV okayish, D-Bus
completely broken. It seems to keep compiling obsolete versions
of the source code. I'll probably re-do the whole front-end
script from scratch (BMC #5609).
* Exporting contacts in MeeGo UX: must inline photos if they are
in a file (BMC #19661).
* MeeGo UX notifications: either the MNotification dialog must be
able to invoke the MeeGo UX UI, or it shouldn't offer that
option. Salvatore, status? Do we have a bug for that open?
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly
The content of this message is my personal opinion only and although
I am an employee of Intel, the statements I make here in no way
represent Intel's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak
on behalf of Intel on this matter.