On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 09:05:14PM -0700, Philip Tricca wrote:
On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 03:39:42PM -0800, Philip Tricca wrote:
> We're getting pretty close to an RC0 for the next major release of the
> TSS2 libraries. Before we can make RCo though there are a number of
> changes that still need to be made to the header files to bring them
> in line with the latest TPM2 and TSS2 specifications. We've just
> started rolling these out and during this time, due to the nature of
> the changes, we'll be breaking backward compatibility (API and ABI
> If you're following along at home you've probably seen changes to the
> TCTI headers and implemnetation happening in rapid succession over the
> last few days (when our CI isn't down). Expect similar changes to
> happen in the rest of the public headers over the course of this week.
> These changes will likely cause some issues for downstream projects but
> feel free to get on the list and we'll help sort things out.
~3 weeks and ~100 commits later and we're just about ready to start the
2.0 RCs. Thanks to everyone using the libraries for their patience
during this process. Our implementation is now (baring bugs :D) in line
with the latest draft specs on the TCG website.
The only issue blocking the RCs from rolling at this point is some TCG
process stuff. We're still waiting for a new version of the TCTI
specification to be released for public review. Once this is done we'll
have one small change to make in the TCTI headers and then we'll kick
off the release process.
In the meantime those packaging and / or using the TSS2 libraries don't
need to wait for the RCs to start before providing any feedback you may
have in advance of the release. Similarly we'll be getting the tools and
tabrmd ready for releases that will make use of the 2.0 version of the
Turns out that "TCG process stuff" takes a while. Lesson learned :)
Good news though: the draft TCTI spec we were waiting for was posted to
the TCG website for public review a few days ago:
Since this went public we've made the updates that were previously
blocked and we're getting ready to roll with the RCs! While we're
cleaning out the PR queue and preparing to tag RC0 we'd greatly
appreciate any cycles you can spare for feedback and / or testing.
Releases of the tools and tabrmd that are compatible with the 2.0 API
are not yet available. For the short term only the master branches of
the tabrmd and tools will work with this upcoming release on account
of the API changes. Historically we've tried to time releases of the
tabrmd and tools with compatible releases of the TSS2 libraries to
minimize confusion. Since we've delayed the 2.0 release for nearly 2
months however we've opted to ship this release ahead of the other TSS2
This may cause some confusion but we've weighed this against further
delays to the 2.0 release and feel that further delays aren't an option.
The code is ready, so we're going to ship it. Updates to the tabrmd and
tools are already well underway and will be available shortly. Till then
we'd advise packagers to hold off on shipping the 2.0 release of the
TSS2 Libraries till compatible releases of the tools and tabrmd are