I would like to announce the release of tpm2-pkcs11 1.7.0-rc0 at the following changelog:
### 1.7.0-rc0 - 2021-09-02
* DB Schema Change from 5 to 7.
- **Backup your DB before upgrading**
* Fixed compilation issues with GCC11.
* Fixed erros on releases due to newer compilers from failing by only adding `-Werror`
for non-release builds.
* Fixed error message when the DB is too new in tpm2\_ptool.
* Added support for tpm2\_ptool import with ssh-keygen format keys. Note: Requires
cryptography >= 3.0.
* Changed default long level from error to warning.
* Added better error message for FAPI backend errors along with
* Changed `tpm2_ptool` make `--algorithm` optional.
* Fixed error message of wrong attribute name on expected attribute check to be false.
* Added support for ECDSA 256, 384 and 512.
* Fixed a bug in the Python code DB upgrade path from 4 to 5 where it didn't add AES
mode CTR to
* Added tpm2\_ptool support for ECC key size 192.
* Added support passwordless login for tokens, ie not setting CKF\_LOGIN\_REQUIRED.
* Fixed Running integration tests when Java version has the `-ea`, like on Debian 11 and
* Added support for HMAC keys using tpm2\_ptool and the C\_Sign and C\_Verify
The following interfaces in ptool have support:
- addkey: previous working versions of tpm2-tools will support this.
- link: previous working versions of tpm2-tools will support this.
- import: requires tpm2-tools 5.2+ for support.
* Fixed leaking of temp file descriptors in tpm2\_ptool.
* Fixed wrong free in tpm code, should use Esys\_Free.
* Fixed a space formatting issue in tpm2\_ptool verify.
* Fixed leaked file descriptor in tpm2\_ptool.
The release can be found at: