Offline mode support

alok barsode alokbarsode at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 13:05:25 PST 2011

Hi Samuel/Marcel,

Thanks for ur inputs on the IRC.
I looked around the connman offlinemode code and I had some more doubts.

1. offlinemode is a property of profile interface. Whats the purpose of
profiles? I am able to create/remove a profile but not able to switch the
active profile.

2. the offlinemode code path is -
__connman_profile_set_offlinemode() --> __connman_device_set_offlinemode()
--> which traverses the element tree and sets the offlinemode for elements
of type CONNMAN_ELEMENT_TYPE_DEVICE. would it make sense to traverse the
device list in all the technologies and softblock them ? (since the element
stuff will eventually go away)

3. Ideally, soft blocking all the devices in a technology is as simple as
#rfkill block wifi (block all wifi devices). But since rfkill might not be
available with certain drivers, traversing the device list and soft blocking
each device would have to do. We can add a rfkill pointer to
connman_device_driver. If rfkill is not available then rfkill block with
fall back to disable. Does this make sense?

Looking forward to your inputs.

Cheers,
Alok.