USB tethering issues

Lucas, GuillaumeX guillaumex.lucas at intel.com
Tue Jan 25 07:39:09 PST 2011

Hi Marcel,

> there is one bridge for all Tethering. So it could be that this already
> gets enabled for Bluetooth and then we don't create a second bridge for
> USB. The bridge is shared and Bluetooth clients can talk to USB
> clients.
> That is on purpose.

I agree, this is managed by the __connman_tethering_set_enabled. This function is the one in charge to call the create_bridge function if needed. In my test as I've no BT the bridge must be created when I enable the tethering feature by the script. But it's currently not the case.

> The code looks just fine to me. However you also need to double check
> that /sys/class/net/usb0/uevent shows DEVTYPE=gadget. If not then we
> also have another problem.

It's the case.
We can see in the traces that my USB gadget is correctly detected like that.

> This of course does not mean that we did not screw up at some point.
> The
> Tethering feature is rather complex actually.

Yes. I've discovered this :)

Regards,
Guillaume
92196 Meudon Cedex, France
Registration Number:  302 456 199 R.C.S. NANTERRE
Capital: 4,572,000 Euros