Connman-0.67 Crashes and/or Hangs on Start-up

Grant Erickson marathon96 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 14:52:36 PST 2011

On Jan 28, 2011, at 10:09 AM, Grant Erickson wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2011, at 9:44 AM, Samuel Ortiz wrote:
>> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 09:06:12AM -0800, Grant Erickson wrote:
>>> FYI. I need to check against GIT top-of-tree and dig into this further; however, with:
>>>
>>> 	* Wireless 802.11 WEXT, connman-0.67 hangs on start-up
>>>
>>> Backtrace with wired:
>>
>> Please give us a gdb backtrace or run test/backtrace src/connmand <log> where
>> log is the below trace.
>>
>> Also, a connman -d -n log would be more useful.

Samuel:

With the wired Ethernet issue debugged and patched, I've done more investigation on the wireless issue. The results are as follows:

	Version / Plugin	wifi.so		wifi_legacy.so
	connman-0.67		FAILS		SUCCEEDS
	connman-b1db3cb		FAILS		N/A

So, it would appear that the non-legacy wifi plugin has issues with wireless extension devices.

Regards,

Grant