Qestion about Wi-Fi security.

Samuel Ortiz sameo at linux.intel.com
Thu Feb 2 06:01:58 PST 2012

Hi Danny,

On Thu, Feb 02, 2012 at 10:36:03PM +0900, Danny Jeongseok Seo wrote:
> Hi,
>

> These days, we gonna test Wi-Fi security mode.
> I was looking at gsupplicant, service.
>
> In service-api.txt, ConnMan property provides "psk" only. And based on
> gsupplicant, ConnMan didn't support "wpa" and "rsn" explicitly.
>
> How can I distinguish between WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK correctly with ConnMan?
ConnMan doesn't export that distinction through D-Bus. This is intentional as
we didn't see the benefit of telling a user that his AP does wpa2 or wpa. It's
more confusing than anything else, and from a user point of view, the only
thing you need to care about is the passphrase.

> Additionally, ConnMan cannot update Wi-Fi security on a run-time basis.
> I mean ConnMan didn't update Wi-Fi security has changed.
You mean the service security was not modified when you changed it on the AP ?
I don't think we ever intended to support that use case. In which situation do
you see that happening ?

Cheers,
Samuel.

--