how to get a wifi USB interface to show up as a service?

Tom Lee thomas.j.lee at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 18:10:04 PST 2012

Hi all.  I'm working to get an rt2870 usb wifi adapter running on my
newly-acquired BeagleBone.  I've got the setup working fine using the
combination of /etc/network/interfaces and wpa_supplicant -- all is well
with 'ifup wlan0', but I was having some trouble getting it to work at
boot.  Which is when the BB community told me that I had it all wrong and
ought to be using connman.

Fair enough! Using this post as a basis --
http://www.gigamegablog.com/2012/02/06/beaglebone-linux-101-assigning-a-static-ip-address-with-connman/--
I've been trying to figure out how the system works.  Unfortunately, I
haven't gotten very far. The get-services test script displays only one
service: http://pastie.org/3358417

I'm not sure how to proceed. test-new-supplicant is not encouraging (
http://pastie.org/3358425) though most of the other test scripts seem to
work fine.  I'm afraid I'm not sure where to start with the docs (googling
hasn't turned up much).  Any pointers?