Connman 1.9 won't attempt connecting to wifi service

Patrik Flykt patrik.flykt at linux.intel.com
Fri Nov 9 00:08:14 PST 2012

	Hi,

On Fri, 2012-11-09 at 11:38 +0530, Sameer Naik wrote:
> I noticed that connman had appended
> a line 'Failure=invalid-key' in the settings file of the saved wifi
> profile due to which the connection was not happening even after
> restarting connman multiple times.

ConnMan won't autoconnect to a network that has been marked failed. One
option is to successfully connect manually for example from the command
line to get the failure mark removed.

> I had to remove that line for it to
> start working again.

That works also. In general it is advisable not to edit any files
in /var/lib/connman/*/* as their format can change without any notice.

Any /var/lib/connman/*.config file is another matter, those are used for
WiFi provisioning. If you had provisioned the WiFi network, simply
removing the .config file and adding it back would make ConnMan first to
remove the failed service and then to recreate a new service for it. The
new service would not have the baggage of invalid keys failure attached.

> I would have expected that connman would attempt connecting to the
> service at least once and figure out whether the key was invalid or
> not and then stop connection attempts to the service if the key was
> found to be invalid.

Yep, exactly this happened.

> At the moment I don't have an agent registered,
> so i don't know if there is something more that occurs in this case.

The agent is needed should ConnMan need a passphrase or any other input
from the user. If everything is preprovisioned
in /var/lib/connman/*.config files, ConnMan needs nothing from the
Agent.

> The condition that occured in my case was purely a side effect of
> being in developer mode. I am not sure if this could occur in
> production mode.

ConnMan does not know about the product being in developer of production
mode, thus it thought the invalid key was a valid reason.

> One last thing, Is connman compatible with wpa_supplicant-1.0?

Yes, up and running here at the moment.

Cheers,

	Patrik