Connman 1.9 won't attempt connecting to wifi service

Patrik Flykt patrik.flykt at linux.intel.com
Fri Nov 9 05:07:13 PST 2012

	Hi,

On Fri, 2012-11-09 at 14:55 +0530, Sameer Naik wrote:

> 1. Read about /var/lib/connman/*.config files.

The .config files would be a good place to set up networks which should
work unattended. Much better than editing the settings files directly.

> 2. Figure out what wpa_supplicant-1.0 won't work for me.
>
> There is one other issue i am seeing:
> I have setup connman to start at boot up using init scripts and have
> some saved wifi connection profiles to which an automatic connection
> is expected. But almost always the connection fails at start up and
> the line 'Failure=connect-failed' appears in the settings file.

These two seem to be the same thing. wpa_supplicant works ok, but the
wifi kernel driver might be doing something else. What WiFi driver are
you using, it seems to be something not-so-standard, since you have
explicitely specified '-W wext' in the previous mails? Which kernel
driver is in use if there are more than one option?

> I have
> to restart connman for the connection to happen or unplug and plug the
> usb wifi device for the connection to occur (which frequently crashes,
> reported earlier).

Did you check if the patches I sent to the mailing list will fix this?

> I have generated a log of this (please find attached). In the log the
> service i should auto connect is located in
> /etc/connman/wifi_00e04c06dc8e_77656c636f6d652e746f2e6e62636c_managed_psk,
> but for some reason the connection is not happening.

It starts to connect, but ends up with
CONNMAN_SERVICE_ERROR_CONNECT_FAILED:

connmand[948]: src/network.c:connman_network_set_error() network 0x4cef70 error 4
connmand[948]: src/service.c:connman_service_lookup_from_network() network 0x4cef70
connmand[948]: src/service.c:__connman_service_indicate_error() service 0x4c6d78 error 4
connmand[948]: src/service.c:__connman_service_ipconfig_indicate_state() service 0x4c6d78 (wifi_00e04c06dc8e_77656c636f6d652e746f2e6e62636c_managed_psk) state 7 (failure) type 1 (IPv4)

This is the Failure=connect-failed you saw in the saved settings. What
wifi chip does that USB dongle actually have?

Cheers,

	Patrik