Cannot connect to EAP (ieee8021x) without a .config file

Felipe Ferreri Tonello eu at felipetonello.com
Mon Nov 19 11:21:49 PST 2012

Hi all,

I've read over and over all the discussion about this support to PEAP
over the service api and so on.

Ok, the thing is: I'm trying to connect to a EAP (ieee8021x) network
without the .config file, but it doesn't
work(net.connman.Error.InvalidArguments: Invalid arguments).

When I add this[1] .config file, the agent receives a request to a
Identity and a Passphrase, as expected.

[1]
[service_engineering]
Type = wifi
Name = engineering
EAP = peap
Phase2 = MSCHAPV2

If there is no certificate, shouldn't be possible to connect without the
provisioning file? Since it's how it works on iOS and Android.

PS: Is there anything that needs to be implemented in this matter? If
so, let me know.

Thank you in advance,
Felipe