Cannot connect to EAP (ieee8021x) without a .config file

Patrik Flykt patrik.flykt at linux.intel.com
Wed Nov 21 03:28:57 PST 2012

	Hi,

On Tue, 2012-11-20 at 15:42 -0800, Felipe Ferreri Tonello wrote:
> >> When I add this[1] .config file, the agent receives a request to a
> Identity
> >> and a
> >> Passphrase, as expected.
> >>
> >> [1]
> >> [service_engineering]
> >> Type = wifi
> >> Name = engineering
> >> EAP = peap
> >> Phase2 = MSCHAPV2
> >>
> >> If there is no certificate, shouldn't be possible to connect
> without the
> >> provisioning file? Since it's how it works on iOS and Android.

Currently it is not possible to connect to an EAP network without
a .config file. Explicitely specifying a .config file without a
certificate tells ConnMan that this is the intention. Blindly trying to
connect without a certificate would mysteriously work for some of the
networks while others wouldn't. It'd look confusinly inconsistent and
historically a .config file was always needed.

> Please, if someone could explain a little bit about this issue I can
> take a look on that.

The above was probably an explanation but not really any decision either
way :-).

Cheers,

	Patrik