Cannot connect to EAP (ieee8021x) without a .config file

Felipe Ferreri Tonello eu at felipetonello.com
Wed Nov 21 11:06:41 PST 2012

On 11/21/2012 03:28 AM, Patrik Flykt wrote:

> 	Hi,

>> Identity

>> without the
>
> Currently it is not possible to connect to an EAP network without
> a .config file. Explicitely specifying a .config file without a
> certificate tells ConnMan that this is the intention. Blindly trying to
> connect without a certificate would mysteriously work for some of the
> networks while others wouldn't. It'd look confusinly inconsistent and
> historically a .config file was always needed.

But in this case, since there is no need of certificate, shouldn't
connman be able to try to connect without it? I'm just saying it because
when I try to connect to this network with an iPhone it connects without
any certificate (it just ask if you want to accept a certificate) and
with an Android it just connect without even asking to accept a certificate.

Since there is no certificate the user expects to connect directly. IMO
it's ugly to some Agent (or external program) to write a .config file
just so connman can recognize the service.

Is there any work to be done here or it's by design this behavior?

Regards,
Felipe