Could ConnMan provide the new interface for controlling the DHCP

Chengyi Zhao chengyix.zhao at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 01:10:57 PDT 2013

Hi Simon,

2013/8/2 Simon Busch <morphis at gravedo.de>

> On Friday 02 August 2013 12:45:09 Patrik Flykt wrote:
> > On Fri, 2013-08-02 at 17:00 +0800, Chengyi Zhao wrote:
> > > Your meanings are downstream product should use ConnMan WiFi P2P
> > > instead of
> > > the other external WiFi P2P software.
> >
> > Yes. When implemented, ConnMan WiFi P2P support should be used.
> >
> > > But, when will Upstream release ConnMan WiFi P2P.
> >
> > Ah, that's the tricky question :-) Let's see, currently I don't have any
> > good estimates as no code has been written...
>
> I am planing to send another version of my WiFi Direct API proposal over
> the
> weekend so the discussion can continue.
>
> Overall this isn't a simple thing you implement in one or two weeks. A lot
> of
> things needs to be considered especially with the available WiFi drivers
> handling things differently.

I found a great many wifi chipes use nl802.11 driver.
I suggest you directly use the wpa_supplicant to operate the driver
interface.

I am very honored to have read your document 'WiFi direct API proposal v2'.
In general, I agree with your design.
Very much looking forward to see the p2p code in connman.

Cheers,

Chengyi