[edk2] EDK II Stable Tag release edk2-stable201808 and quiet period starting today

Kinney, Michael D michael.d.kinney at intel.com
Wed Aug 8 07:16:08 PDT 2018

Hello,

I sent an RFC for review on EDK II stable tags.

https://lists.01.org/pipermail/edk2-devel/2018-June/026474.html

There were no objections and we would like to move forward
with the an EDK II Stable Tag release.  The original goal was
8/10/2018.  I have seen a request to move the stable tag
release out a few days.

I recommend we target 8/15/2018 and start a quiet period
on edk2/master starting today.  This means critical bug
fixes only on edk2/master.  New features and large changes
should be held until the edk2-stable201808 tag is created.

Please use Bugzilla for the critical issues that must be
fixed before the tag is created.

https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/

Thanks,

Mike