[edk2] Help on boot manager 'Boot Manager Menu' and direct boot

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Mon Dec 3 05:45:27 PST 2018

On 12/03/18 11:03, Udit Kumar wrote:
> Hi Laszlo
>
>> Are you using the latest edk2?
> Yes, when I hit the bug, first step was to move to latest edk2. But this didn't helped.
>
> I am not sure, why we are keeping PL011 Fifo mode off in default configuration.

Sorry, I don't know: although the subject logic has gone through several
updates over time, the default that you point out seems to go back to
commit 051e63bb551a ("ArmPlatformPkg/PL011Uart: Allowed to change UART
settings in its initialization function", 2012-02-29). And that commit
doesn't explain the default.

Thanks
Laszlo