[edk2] Line endings: Was "Re: [edk2-test][Patch] uefi-sct/SctPkg:Correct macro name style in HwErrRecVariable Test"

Laszlo Ersek lersek at redhat.com
Fri Dec 14 05:24:12 PST 2018

On 12/14/18 11:59, Leif Lindholm wrote:
> Hmm, this gets me thinking...
>
> We were discussing before about doing a line ending conversion in
> edk2, and let the git gools provide native line endings (as designed).
>
> Is this a good opportunity to run a pilot with edk2-test, where much
> less history will be lost?

Well, history won't be lost, in the sense that people running "git
blame" will need one more execution of "git blame" (to "look past" the
whitespace change commit), but yes, it will result in a minor inconvenience.

And, I think, converting the edk2-test repo would not be a bad test at all.

Thanks,
Laszlo