[SPDK] RDMA Queue Pair

Kumaraparameshwaran Rathnavel krath at cloudsimple.com
Fri Jun 30 05:39:51 PDT 2017

Hi All,

I would like to get few pointers on how the RDMA is used in NVMf Target . The below statement decides the value of Qdepth of NVMf Qpair.
nvmf_min(max_rw_depth, addr->attr.max_qp_rd_atom and anything more than this will be Queued irrespective of what the upper layer has the Queue depth as.

And the value for attr.max_qp_rd_atom is got by Querying the device. I see that ideally in most of NICs the value is 16. So does this mean that in a Queue pair there cannot be more RDMA requests than this value.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanking You,
Param.