[SPDK] Multiple start/stop of reactor and add/remove of bdev

Shahar Salzman shahar.salzman at kaminario.com
Tue Oct 9 00:47:47 PDT 2018

Hi,

My use case is a distributed highly available storage appliance with features such as dedup, snapshots etc.

We have both FC and iSCSI targets implemented in the kernel, and basically using the same cores as SPDK for receiving IO. Reactor polling comes at a cost which I pay happily as long as there is work for the NVMeF target. If the customer does not use the system with NVMeF, this is just taking away from FC/iSCSI performance.

With the patches bellow, I can start/stop without tearing down memory etc.

It should be noted that I am not using the spdk app, since I require this fine granularity, so I embedded the init/run/destroy flow in our app.

Shahar