[SPDK] SPDK Event notifications

Pelplinski, Piotr piotr.pelplinski at intel.com
Fri Oct 12 06:15:32 PDT 2018

--
Best Regards,
Piotr Pelpliński

How about returning events in response to RPC Call?

Client discovers events by calling show_events, then connects to RPC server
and asynchronously receives events as long as it is connected.

This way we have true asynchronous API. It doesn’t require caching of events or
allocating any special resources or memory.

Disconnected clients (i.e. due to reboot) would not receive those events, but do they
really want to receive them? I think that client after reboot would like to read entire
SPDK state anyway.

I updated trello card as well:
https://trello.com/c/ZTIHxp3w/28-spdk-event-notifications