[SPDK] nvme device with 0 default namespace

Joevanni (Bani) Parairo jparairo at nvxltech.com
Thu Oct 18 16:32:44 PDT 2018

Noted.

Already filed issue in github.

Thanks,

-Joevanni

________________________________
From: SPDK <spdk-bounces at lists.01.org> on behalf of Harris, James R <james.r.harris at intel.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2018 3:56 PM
To: Storage Performance Development Kit
Subject: Re: [SPDK] nvme device with 0 default namespace

On 10/18/18, 2:47 PM, "SPDK on behalf of Joevanni (Bani) Parairo" <spdk-bounces at lists.01.org on behalf of jparairo at nvxltech.com> wrote:

    Hello,

    I asked this question during the SPDK meetup with Jim regarding a bug(or feature) during nvme initialization when a target device has a "0" default namespace.

    in nvme_ctrlr_construct_namespaces, it only checks if nn==0 if nn != ctrlr->num_ns but proceed to  nvme_ctrlr_update_namespaces even if nn==0.

    Has anyone every tried this or am I just missing something here?

Hi Joevanni,

Could you file an issue on GitHub for this?  https://github.com/spdk/spdk/issues

I see some suspect areas now in the bdev_nvme driver – but let’s further the discussion in the GitHub issue.

Thanks,

-Jim