[SPDK] perf vs spdk_app_start()

Walker, Benjamin benjamin.walker at intel.com
Tue Oct 30 10:55:31 PDT 2018

On Tue, 2018-10-30 at 09:59 +0000, Szwed, Maciej wrote:
> This is actually the case. I need to register poller for event handler and
> that is way I would like to use spdk_app_start. Creating own thread for poller
> is a bit overkill for example application.

The primary reason NVMe perf does not use the application framework is because
NVMe perf was written before the application framework existed. You could
definitely do a port to use it, but I kind of like the independence. Any API you
create in the NVMe driver should be consumable without the application
framework. Maybe just poll for events every X number of I/O?